there’s something about the fall weather that makes me want to use my crockpot ALL the time. and hey, let’s face it, crockpot recipes are the best. usually pretty simple, fairly inexpensive to make, and are SOO yummy!
i found this recipe just last fall, on pinterest, of all places of course, and had to give it a shot. its become one of my favorites and has become a go-to fall soup for me and its HUBBY APPROVED (bonus, right?) it’s very simple to make and takes just TWO hours in the crockpot, doesnt get much better than that
i highly recommend the iStir automatic crockpot. i got one this past summer for my bridal shower and absolutely love it. it stirs for you, how awesome is that? takes even more work out of cooking with a crockpot!
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained (i usually stick to something with low fat content, such was 90% or 93% because I dont like extra grease)
- 1 can beef broth (14.5 oz)
- 1 can red kidney beans (16 oz) drained
- 1 can black beans (15 oz), rinsed & drained
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes + liquid from can (14.5 oz)
- 1 can mexi corn + liquid from can (15 oz)
- 1 can diced tomatoes + green chilies (10 oz), drained
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix (brand name: Hidden Valley, generic works just as good)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Seasonings to taste: (I like mine a tad spicy, so I usually throw on quite a bit of the following) onion powder, salt, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder
- Corn chips (Fritos), sour cream, shredded cheese for toppings
combine all ingredients into crockpot and stir well. leave in crockpot for 2 hours on high. then serve with toppings and enjoy || serves 4-6